Sulfamate nickel plating is a versatile coating that is less costly than other coating techniques.
Instead of the typical nickel sulphate used in electroless nickel plating, sulfamate nickel plating employs a 99.9% pure nickel deposit. Because there is a considerably larger concentration of nickel, the surface durability is enhanced.
What is Sulfamate Nickel Plating?
Sulfamate Nickel Plating is a flexible and reasonably priced coating with good corrosion resistance and tensile strength. It has a wide range of uses and may be used to repair old and broken components, which can then be machined back to their original size thanks to its excellent machining properties.
Nickel is one of the most often used materials in electroplating. This glossy, silvery-white metal is tough and ductile, and it resists corrosion well. While nickel may be used alone for many plating tasks, it is frequently used as an undercoat for gold and other precious metals.
Sulfate nickel and sulfamate nickel are the most common nickel compounds used by metal finishing businesses in their nickel electroplating procedures. Sulfate nickel is a lower-grade, less-expensive material that manufacturers frequently use when their applications call for thinner layers. It also has a brighter finish, making it suitable for items that need to be as attractive as possible.
Sulfamate nickel is made up of a 99.9% pure nickel deposit, which makes it more suitable for mechanical, engineering, and other functional industrial applications. This substance has a matte look, as opposed to the brighter sulphate nickel.
What is the Process?
Sulfamate Nickel Plating may be used on a variety of metals, including all ferrous alloys like mild and stainless steel, cuprous alloys like copper, aluminium alloys, and exotic metals. Inconel, Monel, and Hastealloy are examples of exotic metals.
Sulfamate Nickel Plating is an electroplating process in which components are put in a vat holding an electrolytic solution and a current is sent through it, causing the Nickel Sulfamate to build up on the component. Parts will be subjected to a multitude of pre-treatments depending on their material, all of which will be done in-house, in order to get the best potential outcomes.
Advantages of Sulfamate Nickel Plating
Sulfamate nickel is an excellent choice for components that need corrosion resistance as well as cost-effective restoration to original standards. Because of its purity, density, and very uniform deposit structure, this 99.9% pure nickel coating provides outstanding corrosion resistance. Some advantages are –
- The heat-shielding characteristics of sulfamate nickel are excellent. It may be used to protect items against high temperatures and severe heat, which can harm key parts and components.
- The density, purity, and uniform deposit structure of sulfamate nickel give exceptional corrosion resistance. It’s an excellent material for workpieces that may be exposed to damp or humid environments. Extreme heat treatments and diamond composites can improve anti-corrosion characteristics even more.
- The substrate’s resistance to breaking under strain will be improved with a sulfamate nickel coating. The added strength is excellent for situations where items are subjected to a lot of stress.
- The surface of the substrate will be hardened by a sulfamate nickel coating, which will enhance its resilience to typical wear and tear. The final product will be more durable and provide greater value to the end customer.
- Sulfamate nickel improves the workpiece’s capacity to extend without breaking. This characteristic is useful for operations that involve a lot of material deformation, such as sheet metal production.
- Sulfamate nickel plating allows for a precise and uniform deposit structure, which is useful when changing the size of a workpiece.
- Sulfamate nickel plating strengthens and protects a workpiece while also making it simpler to cut, which is excellent for most machining procedures. It also makes soldering easier.
- Another of the numerous benefits of sulfamate nickel plating is its cheap cost. Despite the fact that it is more costly than sulphate nickel plating, it is still less expensive than many other metal finishing methods.
- A sulfamate nickel solution’s relatively basic bath composition makes the plating process easier to regulate, resulting in higher quality outcomes.
- Sulfamate nickel plating is simpler to accomplish high-speed plating than “standard” plating methods, reducing production cycles and boosting productivity.
Smart Microns has been a pioneer in the electroplating industry since 1998, specialising in precious metal platings for the electrical and electronics sectors. For more than 22 years, Smart Microns has been studying and creating microns. We aspire to provide the finest service at the lowest pricing by using technology to our mutual benefit. All sorts of plating, cleaning, and polishing needs may be met with our custom plating, cleaning, and polishing solutions.
We work with well-known government and non-government organisations in aerospace, industrial hardware, research, and energy. Because we can handle several large-scale orders, we have an edge over other plating firms. We also provide complete coating services, from metal substrate preparation to final finishing. To learn more about how our nickel plating services may benefit your business, contact SmartMicrons now. Find out what makes SPC one of the best nickel plating companies in the world!